1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Philips spc 880 flash

Retro

Hi,

I want to start getting into a bit of imaging and would like to buy the Philips SPC880 and flash it myself but there is very little information about a step by step guide. I have looked at the posts by Russ and Yesyes, I have had a look at Morgan computers site which has not really helped, all seems a bit vague to me. I have flashed Sony PSP's in the past with ease so i have a bit of confidence. Also what software would i need for imaging and stacking etc.

Thanks,

Mike.

I bought mine from Morgan's and got them to flash it, I seem to think it was only a quid but I see that it's £2.50 inc. now. For an extra £2.50 why have the bother yourself ?

I'm no imager by any stretch ( thought webcam was so cheap it was worth a dabble ) but I use Sharpcap for capture and Registax for processing, both free downloads.

Hi tbird,

I am tempted at the Morgans deal but sometimes its good to learn how these things are done so you can help others at your club. If its too complicated and a risk of damaging the cam i'll just buy one preflashed.

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike, you need wcrmac (the website astrobond.ebrawe has some good detail on how to raw mod the camera, but the principles are the same) to flash to the new version of the firmware, and of course, a copy of the firmware binary file. Then you can use any of a number of software packages... sharpcap, wxastrocapture, qcfocus etc. Registax or AVIStacks are the stacking software for lunar/planetary.