SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Endeavour launch visible from UK

johnrt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they launch at 2:33 EDT, it will be 7:33 here.

That means that when they pass over our skies at around 7:50 it will be daylight here, so unfortunately they won't be seen.

Bumcakes!!!

That was to be our last chance to see it in our skies :D

Ah well the clouds look to be coming over now anyway so it looks to be that I wouldn't have seen it at all even if it had gone up, still no consolation though!

KSC Statement:

No Launch Attempt Monday: Technicians and engineers are narrowing in on the likely source of what caused heaters on a fuel line for Endeavour’s auxiliary power unit-1 (APU-1) to fail. But because of work associated with fixing the problem, we will not be able to make a launch attempt tomorrow. Teams will meet Monday and are expected to determine a new launch date for Endeavour.

KSC Statement:

NASA managers met Monday and determined that Tuesday, May 10 is the earliest Endeavour could be launched on the STS-134 mission. Plans are for managers to reconvene Friday to determine a more definite launch date after the box is removed and replaced and the retest of systems has been completed.

At this rate i won't be able to see Endevour through all the christmas light pollution! lol ...still heres hoping for a late flight for us in the UK!

altho in recent hours all eyes have turn from a space shuttle, to another part of the world. so i reckon that give Nasa a week free of hounding from the press.

Archived