SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ipswich/Suffolk

mcro89

Dunno if there are any other members of OASI on here so, I'll post as the local representative :-)

OASI meet at the Orwell School Observatory every Wednesday and most Mondays. There is a Victorian 10" refractor built into the observatory (in working order) which the society use on Wednesdays when it's clear.

They also hold (during spring, autumn and winter) observing nights at Newbourne village hall (well, the fields behind it) for members to bring their own gear. They also do regular public events at the parks around Ipswich.

The last spring observing evening at Newbourne was this Monday, next one will be Sept or so I think.

AFAIK they still meet through the summer on Wednesdays though, but I think it all gets a bit more social :-)

I've been trying to find other Ipswich area astronomers to try and work together to find a site or two to observe/image from... but haven't found anyone else yet really... you are more than welcome to join that endeavour if you're local :-)

All the best

Ben

Hey,

Thanks for the replies. I see that OASI do introduction evenings for people who want to join so i will try get down to the next one.

I am currently finishing my degree studies in Portsmouth at the moment but hopefully i will be around the Ipswich area in the summer.

Thanks Again

Mcro

Archived