Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Uranium235

Nice weather, shame about the mist!

Well, last night was a total waste of time! Clear skies? My foot!

Great weather for mowing the lawn - but a pile of old mans trousers for imaging!

Well, at least it gave me a chance to tune up my dec axis again. Fingers crossed again for tonight i guess.

Same here. Stars are visible, but so much moisture in the air. I'm sure it wasn't this bad last year. :)

Yep same here blueish sky's but look into the distance poor visibility,so just practice with wedge setup.

Same up here in Manchester, Just hazy since Sunday, if i train my drives, PEC, and collimate it any more I'll probably knock it all right out again.

Looks like more of the same tonight, we need a couple of showers to get rid of it. Last night, the moon was more orange than a 1st year beauty therapy student!

Fingers crossed it will clear up for the weekend.

Same here, over the last two nights I have run a total of 7.5 hours of Ha on M82 in 30 min subs and the Ha filaments are hardly showing.:)

Mike.

Edited by MikeD

So pleased you posted that - I was out for about 15 min last night & very quickly realised not a good one.

Is this the general law for the warm day = misty night ??

If you watch sat24 throughout the day you will notice the hot weather makes cloud seem to "bubble up" from nowhere, the high pressure and low wind speed just helps to keep it in place.

Ive got a forecast for thunderstorms during the day on fri/sat so that should clear things up nicely.

Can see 3000 ft peaks from my window

Not today its well hazy

Have given up and packed away now, very slow moving cloud and awful seeing conditions :) not even enough good stars to align the mount.

Edited by Uranium235

Same here in West Yorkshire. Orange clouds above the horizon due to light pollution, and a few stars, most notibally Antares from my South viewing observatory-***-balcony

Same here in West Yorkshire. Orange clouds above the horizon due to light pollution, and a few stars, most notibally Antares from my South viewing observatory-***-balcony

lol! It thinks I'm swearing! Observatory-come-balcony then!

If you watch sat24 throughout the day you will notice the hot weather makes cloud seem to "bubble up" from nowhere, the high pressure and low wind speed just helps to keep it in place.

Ive got a forecast for thunderstorms during the day on fri/sat so that should clear things up nicely.

I went out the back garden the other morning about 8:30 or so, and like most of us do, looked up, and the contrails from over flying planes were "bubbling up" into long line's of cloud, most of it burn't off, but some of it lingered on for most of the day,was going to take a picture's of it and put it on here but my camera batteries were flat. DOH

EDIT: just found this on the net

post-19932-133877567157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Si W

Interesting, I had no idea contrails contribute that much to high-level mist. Hmmm, we need that volcano in iceland to kick off again :)

Edited by Uranium235

Same same, seeing was not so good here in Beds.

The Met Office seems a bit more upbeat for tonight, but not getting too excited yet due to bitter experience!! :)

Interesting, I had no idea contrails contribute that much to high-level mist. Hmmm, we need that vocano in iceland to kick off again :eek:

Check out the link below, it goes into the fact's/science about contrails and the cloud formation it can cause. :)

Contrail: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

Good call though on the vocano in iceland to kick off again :icon_salut:

Edited by Si W

Looks like youre right :)

Instead of doing a dance for clear skies, it looks like we're going to have to do a rain dance instead.

post-18171-133877567401_thumb.jpg

Funnilly enough, although it looks like the whole area has been subject to grass fires, solar observation in Ha seems to be little affected. I've enjoyed great views of the current activity with excellent resolution, the main difference has been a slight rise in background scatter.