Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nice weather, shame about the mist!

Uranium235

Well, last night was a total waste of time! Clear skies? My foot!

Great weather for mowing the lawn - but a pile of old mans trousers for imaging!

Well, at least it gave me a chance to tune up my dec axis again. Fingers crossed again for tonight i guess.

Looks like more of the same tonight, we need a couple of showers to get rid of it. Last night, the moon was more orange than a 1st year beauty therapy student!

Fingers crossed it will clear up for the weekend.

If you watch sat24 throughout the day you will notice the hot weather makes cloud seem to "bubble up" from nowhere, the high pressure and low wind speed just helps to keep it in place.

Ive got a forecast for thunderstorms during the day on fri/sat so that should clear things up nicely.

Same here in West Yorkshire. Orange clouds above the horizon due to light pollution, and a few stars, most notibally Antares from my South viewing observatory-***-balcony

lol! It thinks I'm swearing! Observatory-come-balcony then!

If you watch sat24 throughout the day you will notice the hot weather makes cloud seem to "bubble up" from nowhere, the high pressure and low wind speed just helps to keep it in place.

Ive got a forecast for thunderstorms during the day on fri/sat so that should clear things up nicely.

I went out the back garden the other morning about 8:30 or so, and like most of us do, looked up, and the contrails from over flying planes were "bubbling up" into long line's of cloud, most of it burn't off, but some of it lingered on for most of the day,was going to take a picture's of it and put it on here but my camera batteries were flat. DOH

EDIT: just found this on the net

post-19932-133877567157_thumb.jpg

Interesting, I had no idea contrails contribute that much to high-level mist. Hmmm, we need that vocano in iceland to kick off again :eek:

Check out the link below, it goes into the fact's/science about contrails and the cloud formation it can cause. :)

Contrail: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

Good call though on the vocano in iceland to kick off again :icon_salut:

Funnilly enough, although it looks like the whole area has been subject to grass fires, solar observation in Ha seems to be little affected. I've enjoyed great views of the current activity with excellent resolution, the main difference has been a slight rise in background scatter.

Archived