SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Imaging without guide scope. Advice please :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You made a lot of sense!

"DSO's are usually too large for the mak. Planets are too small for apos. Newtonians need collimating and what's the trouble with SCT's, I forget! Nothing is perfect, so relax. Start with smth affordable and see where that takes you scope-wise.

That's just my little amount of drivel on a sunday afternoon."

That"s my goal!

"If you stick to your mak and an ED80, you'll be absolutely fine though, even with a guide scope, should you add one later."

I will never buy a heavy mount/telescope combo. I am retired, starting at this hobby at age 65, with arthritis on my bones, on a very humid state, so I do not appreciate heavy things nor cumbersome logistics.

All of your comments have been enlightening and closer to my expectations for an "advise". I like to hear different points of views, and select the ones that make better sense to me. People, depending on their pocket, station in life, inclinations, projections of usage, etc make decisions based on what fits in their lifestyle.

I intend to enjoy the situation and not be bothered as you say, for the complexities of what is best or better, for there is always a "better" mount or scope lingering in some other thread, which I will read in its due time

So, thank you, you have been very helpful and kind. :-)

No probs! For some insight, I'm a 35 year old doctor with no time and a wife that doesn't appreciate me spending time away from her when she's home.

So, I will invest up to a certain standard but won't go OTT. AND, anything needing an observatory is out of the question for now anyway.

Am happy about getting back into astronomy, which has been a long time hobby. And now after almost 2 years with a scope I can easily identify all constellations and know most star names. So, that's what it is about for me.

Cheers for the thanks. :)

Archived