Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Space shuttle

lookhigh

Heard the shuttle was pacing overhead tonight does anyone have anymore info on that. My wife heard it on radio so I'm not sure.

You mean the International Space Station, it passed over either last night or tonight

I think I just saw the ISS pass over from South to E. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I checked with the online tracking and ran outside. I saw a faint object glowing in the evening sky. Took about 2 minutes to pass over. Definitely wasn't a plane, as I used my minocular. There were not any red lights.

Dead chuffed !

look forward to another pass around 22:!2.

I gave my dad his first look through a telescope at it last night. I put in the 10mm EP (75X) and I tracked it through the finderscope to keep it reasonably steady for him. He was amazed! "You can see the shape and everything" he screamed for the whole neighbourhood to hear!

I saw the ISS as well, but nearly missed it , there was something else moving on its exact course but a lot fainter just seconds before, are there two space stations that track each other?

The one ahead of the ISS was the Progress M-09M (41P) cargo craft which undocked earlier in the day from the space station :)

cheers that makes sense now, i knew it wasnt a meteor as it appeared exactly where the ISS was meant to be, going West to East, just as I'd finished watching that I turned round and saw this really bright light following the same course, I'll have a camera ready tomorrow if its going to be that bright again.

Archived