SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 18/04/2011

cgarry

Like many others here in the UK, I am having great difficulty getting a decent image of Saturn. The seeing always seems to be terrible and it is so low in the sky. Anyway, here is an effort from a couple of nights back:

post-21918-133877566387_thumb.jpg

Saturn 18/04/2011 00:13

It is a very soft image, but this is the best I can extract from my equipment with the current conditions. I am still using Registax 5.1 as I find it produces better results than version 6. This is almost certainly user error though, I will keep going with version 6 until I figure it out.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for your all your comments.

Stuart, I am not sure I would claim to be the top SPC900 Saturn man! I have been impressed by the detail in some of your captures and especially by your processing experiments.

Maybe we need a dedicated forum for planetary imaging with SPC900 webcams for those of us that like to squeeze all we can from these little gems.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived