Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first forum post.

HotBlack

Hi Guys

Just joined the forum. Thought I'd post my most recent work for you to peruse.

This is a composite of two imaging sessions. First is 35 off 30 secs exposure at ISO800 with an unmodified Canon EOS300D through a Skywatcher ST80. Second is 25off 2.5 secs exposure at ISO800 with the same setup. Both processed in Photoshop Elements 3 and eventually layered in the same to keep the core detail.

Hope you like it.

:rolleyes:

post-13341-133877326181_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all of your encouraging comments guys. Hopefully I'll be able to do better now that I've replaced the ST80 with a WO Megrez 80 II FD this weekend. The view through that tonight while I was getting it lined up with the main scope was soooooo much better than through the ST80, the stars were absolutely pinpoint with a classical Airy disk.

Chris

Thanks for all of your encouraging comments guys. Hopefully I'll be able to do better now that I've replaced the ST80 with a WO Megrez 80 II FD this weekend. The view through that tonight while I was getting it lined up with the main scope was soooooo much better than through the ST80, the stars were absolutely pinpoint with a classical Airy disk.

Chris

If you could do the same with mine I'd very much appreciate it. :wink:

Captain Chaos

Archived