SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mizar and Alcor

@pellgarlic - Indeed you were so I chose to ignore it for being somewhat condescending.

didn't intend it to be, so i apologise. just like to share knowledge whenever i can, and made an incorrect assumption about your level of knowledge based on my experience that most people graduating to DSLRs don't know that stuff. my bad for making that assumption without checking my facts. (it's not like me, really =) ). no hard feelings?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry I know where you're coming from in regards to people jumping heads first into things! I was fortunate enogh to be broke and took the time saving to read about them and pick my camera as I knew DSLR's were something else altogether! :-S But no hard feelings whatsoever. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
These are perhaps my most favourite collection of stars in the sky, probably because it was one of the first objects I looked at when I got my first scope! Always beautiful to see and easy to split. And finally I managed to get a half decent picture of the group with my afocal setup!

My setup was: 90mm Evostar, EQ3-2, 25mm SW lens and TAL x2 Barlow, Scopeteknix ST98 and Sony DSC-W130 Digital Camera.

The first picture was without the barlow and the second with. Didn't think they came out too bad with my afocal setup. Now if someone was willing to donate me a DSLR I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

First thing i ever viewed in a 'scope!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived