Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi - New Here

jpmorgan49

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm retired and have been away from Astronomy for several years. I dug out my LXD55 8" SN and was messing with it and decided that I need something more portable and easier to set-up. I live in a area with a lot of trees and light pollution. I've been doing a lot of research and have decided on a Celestron 8" CPC, it looks like just what I'm looking for and everyone that has one seems to like it. I am now just crusing the forums and soaking up all the information I can. I'm sure I'll have questions, especially after I get my new scope.

jp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi JP, welcome to SGL, you have a good scope there, i know the LXD55 mount has it's niggles being an LXD75 owner, have you thought about a new mount for it and keep the tube, just a thought, anyway what ever you get i hope you enjoy it, and this forum as well.

Welcome jpmorgan49. Joliet eh? Do you live near the prison? I should imagine the security lights they have will complicate matters.

Actually the only prison in the city of Joliet was closed several years ago. It's still used as a movie set (Prison Break TV Series 1st season). I do live about 3 miles from Stateville penitentiary which is also famous and kind of considered Joliet. There are no lights there unless there's an escape..:)

jp

Archived