Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

UK viewers: ISS crosses the Lunar Disk tonight (17th April)

lukebl

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just read this post and gutted that I missed it. I am right on the line for a good view and it's clear sky where the moon is. I was out in the garden at about the right time with the bins as well. Had I but known....:) The moon was really low down and only visible through the branches of my neighbours tree so it's probable I wouldn't have been able to see it anyway but even so...

I was not on the path but it seems that there is another at 2 30 am that u should be bang on track for. Fingers crossed.

If you mean SL-12, looks like it goes about 2 moon widths above the moon at about 01:26 BST. As the ISS went just below for me I guess SL-12 might be (lower) closer to the moon for you in Preston.

I was not on the path but it seems that there is another at 2 30 am that u should be bang on track for. Fingers crossed.

Hey, just realised that this will be good for me too, with the moon at 12 degree altitude, but I just can't be up at 3:40. Here's the map:

post-16549-133877565689_thumb.jpg

Just noticed an interesting event in Stella, at 01:40:09 BST almost directly overhead a Delta Rocket booster overtakes (in close proximity) the ISS! They both come from the north but Delta is really moving, I haven't checked to see if they will be visible.

post-24562-133877565701_thumb.jpg

Well - stayed up and tried to image it - unsuccessfully.

Moon was very low, in and out of clouds - nowt recorded that I can see but I will have a better look when I have had some sleep. I think my DSLR is just too slow in terms of frame rate. I guess a webcam would have been a better idea.....

Could anyone who saw such events comment on the accuracy of stellarium, calsky and Heavens above please. Thus far, for me, Stellarium has always been miles out (regarding satellites), whilst HA has been bang on everytime (using the same co-ordinates and time settings). I have yet to use calsky.

Archived