Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'virtuoso'.
Found 4 results
This is my very first time working with a telescope and i'm having trouble connecting my mount to my pc (It seems very easy for you guys, shame on me). I've followed a lot of threads which helped me a lot on this forum but it still won't work. This is what I've done: -I've build a cable RJ12/USB with a USB/TTL chip connecting the Rx to the Tx, the Tx to the Rx and the GND to the GND. (with the adpated driver which works fine) -I've installed the Driver "AzGoto by Armazem Do Telescopio" -I've installed the ASCOM plateform -I've installed StellariumScope, Stellarium and Skychart -In both softwares I chose the Driver AZ GOTO, fill in my latitude and longitude and the appropriate port COM But when I try to connect my telescope, I have to wait over 5 minutes until an error pops up with 'BasicApi.MountControlException" Do you guys have any idea what's going on ? Again, these are my first steps into Astronomy. Thanks you very much.
I have Skywatcher Synscan V3 working with my EQ6 without problem. I've lately flashed firmware v.3.39.05 and tried using it with my Skywatcher Virtuoso. I have problem with 2-star alignment. After manually move the mount to point to the first bright star, align; then choose the 2nd alignment star, the mount will slew to the sky very far away from the 2nd star. After I managed to complete the 2-star alignment successfully, the goto accuracy was very bad. It always placed my scope quite far away from the targets. I've tried the whole night and gave up. I then begin to wonder whether I have to flash the hand controller with the firmware for Allview mount (v.3.09.06) instead. Anyone can share your experience on this? Thank you.
My baby Virtuos mount can track but I have only managed this twice with it. I am not suspecting it's an alignment thing as I have a synscan v3 handset to use with it and used the synscaninit app to make sure I entered the right details in. Whislt the tracking is no doubt generally OK for visiual I am inteneding to push the mount to within the limitqtoins of field rotatiion with a camera slapped on it. I did a bit more digging last night to work out what is going on. Took the first image with the mount so called tracking and the second image with the mount turned off and static. Both are 20 seconds long with a 50mm vintage lens. Both images are a crop. The static image is showing as expected star trails left to right and Orion was still climbing. The tracking image is indicating (to me) that the mount is tracking in azimuth but is not tracking altitude. I know from previous use that the mount does track (that was the 85mm lens and tracking was good) in both axis so I have to look at variables. Lenses, there is great weight variance between the kit lens, 85mm and vintage lenses in both weight and length of lens. The other observation is that the two times that tracking has worked the camera was pointing south, the first time was just by default Virtuoso mount alignment (and a resonably high elevation) and using AA batteries and the second time using synscan alignment and a power battery cell. So the only consistent observation is pointing South, but that does not make great sense when I thought for AltAz use the better directions to point to are lower altitudes and east or west. The clutches were suffiently engaged as the mount would move the camera up and down altitude so I assumed that there was no slipping. The camera was lens heavy but this would only show when near horizontal. I am using the skywatcher camera L bracket attachment. Thoughts, might see about getting a dovetail bar and fitting the camera to that as that would hold the altitude weight close to the mount head. Location situations either front or back graden are only either S/W/N or N/E/S however the latter is inflicted with 4 street lamps (only clear direction is E across houses/trees) and the latter with street lamp and hedge/buildings all views are restricted. I will carry on and all stones are not yet upturned. Driven Static