Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'orion ed80'.
Found 3 results
Hi, Inspired by Forum Member Xiga, after seeing his fine image of M101 on 22 March 2019, I just couldn't wait to get an image of the Pinwheel Galaxy. My image was taken on 27/03/2019 with my Orion ED80 Refractor and Canon 450D, on my NEQ6Pro mount. ( As usual, at present, my images don't have enough hours put into them yet, because I am still figuring out how to plate-solve with APT ! Once I get plate-solving under my belt, I will start to get more data, hours wise, into my images ). My image below is approx 1 hours worth of light subs, composed of a mixture of mainly 70 sec lights, including some 60 sec lights and 40 sec lights, all at 1600ASA. I also incorporated 20 darks , 35 bias frames and 35 flat frames. Processed through APP and then GIMP. Regards, Steve
This is about as good as I'll be able to get with this Barlow lens and the humidity/heat that we are having in the central part of Arkansas. I'll be getting ahold of a much higher quality Barlow at some point before the end of the year, probably a 3x or maybe even the 5x(not sure about the 5x on such a small refractor though, and the folks I've been asking apparently want to keep this a secret).....I digress. If you have suggestions on a 1.25" Barlow in either 3x or 5x....please let me know! This is the full sized image-should be able to click and go full screen(I think). Stuff? Easy....from the ground up! Battery pack and power source for laptop and mount. Mount is still my iOptron ZEQ25GT Optic is the Orion ED80(standard, not the triplet or carbon) Celestron 2x Barlow with the red filter Camera is the Imaging Source DMK 21AU618.AS(monochrome)-having to focus through the diagonal to get enough 'travel'(sure that doesn't help the quality) No polar alignment was done, the Moon....well, it's the Moon. I set-up really close to where the normal alignment is, and called it good. After all, the sun was still up.....and the mosquitos were already feeding on me! Shot twenty-five - 1,000 frame, uncompressed, Y800 videos. Stacked those 25 videos as a 'batch stack' in AS!2. Cropped all the 'funny stuff' off in LR2015, and then selected all 25 'photos' to be merged in PS2015. Completed mosaic was then processed using NikCollection tools and some 'tweaks' in LR2015, border added in Picsas3. Scott (got the "X" too) B
Hi, Very pleased with my first ever attempt at imaging M31. Photo taken with my Orion ED80 Refractor, and Canon 450D DSLR at ISO 1600. Only scraping the surface "exposure wise", I know, with 48 Lights (composed of mainly 60 sec subs, with some 30 sec subs thrown in as well). 7 Darks, 20 Flats ,20 Bias Image processed from start to finish with Astro Pixel Processor (APP), of which I have just started a 30 day free trial. I am VERY impressed with APP, after experiencing lots of frustration with DSS and GIMP. Excited of what may be possible , when I begin to expose for longer periods of time., which I intend to do as a gain more experience. Regards to all Steve