Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'nir'.
Found 1 result
Finally got done stacking the few hundred frames, aligning them, and processing them for the high dynamic range. Then came a nightmare - registar was unable to align my channels... Well, after 2-3 hours i finally got them all aligned, just to find out the OIII really did more bad then good, so i dripped it and went for a bicolor instead to get more details. It don't look too good in high/full res, especially as I've used 3x drizzle, but for this little data, manual alignment, and my poor tracking - I'm quite happy. The image was captures with the Polemaster on the Explorer 200 guided by the QHY5L-II. And the bicolor consists of NIR and Ha data instead of the usual Ha and OIII. NIR data is from 742nm and 23x 60sec, 59x 5sec, and 172x 1sec. Ha data consists of 18x 30sec and 100x 1sec. Total exposure is a low 41 min 45 sec, with a total of 372 frames. Edit: I just realised i posted this in the wrong section, if a mod could move it to deep sky i'd be thankful.