Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'hst'.
Found 1 result
We had a patch of clear skies last Sunday night, and even though it was bitterly cold (and there was ice and snow everywhere) I made the executive decision to get outside and have a go nonetheless. I have to setup and teardown each session, but thankfully I was able to move the car a few metres and take advantage of the nice dry (and ice free) ground underneath. The plan was to grab some OIII data to go with the Ha I captured on the Heart Nebula a couple of weeks back (see link below) but all I could manage was 8 x 1200s before the clouds rolled in for good. In fact, 3 of the 8 subs were affected by clouds, but I decided to use them anyway as I figured it’s only going to get used for tone mapping, and not luminosity, and at such a short exposure time I really need all the SNR I can get. So I’m being a bit of a naughty boy by posting this before getting a decent amount of OIII first. This is just a quick once-through process and is still missing some things, so it’s very much a work-in-progress at this stage, but I thought I’d post it anyway and I’ll update the thread as I make changes. So far, all I’ve done is process the OIII image (which involved gradient reduction, stretching, removing the stars then stretching some more, then quite a substantial amount of noise reduction). Then I combined it with the Ha image above in my usual manner, i.e creating a synthetic SII using 60% of the Ha image and 40% of the OIII image, and then combining all 3 using Annie’s Hubble Palette action. So aside from some more work to refine the colour, I still need to work on the contrast, do some NR and also then finally some star reduction. C&C welcome as always! Details: SW 80ED with FF/FR (510mm FL) HEQ5 Pro Mount (belt mod) Nikon D5300a 11 x 1200s and 3 x 900s of Ha (2” Baader) 8 x 1200s of OIII (2” Baader) 30 Flats, 50 Bias. Dithered every frame. Captured in SGP. Stacked in APP. Processed in PS. Thanks for looking. The Ha image: