Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'fsq85'.
Found 5 results
Chipping Norton amateur astronomy group (CNAAG) had a good turnout last night on a windswept disused airfield near the town. We all huddled together in the lee of a container which serves as the model flying clubs store to set up our mounts to view and image Comet Lovejoy, five equatorial mounts an Astrotrac and a couple of Dobs made it very snug but the comet was visible to the naked eye and easy in an 8x30 finder.I was using my FSQ85 with an unmodded Sony A7s and managed to get 148 x 30sec unguided subs @8000iso.MelHere's a link to an animation of all the frames Stack of 32 frames to show the tail detail
Well, I've just sold the best telescope I've ever used. This is the little Takahashi FSQ85ED. No doubt the new owner will pipe up joyfully quite shortly and, I hope, like it as much as I did. It is fast, holds focus, has incredible colour correction, gives tight stars, rarely gives internal reflections or halo artefacts and the resolution is formidable. Mechanically it just works, always. Why sell it? Because I've swapped over to a full frame Atik 11000 and the little one doesn't quite cover the chip, which is 37mm on the long side and needs a 45.25mm image circle. I've switched to an FSQ106. There is a second reason for this in that we aim to be doing some collaborative projects with Tom, who has exactly the same 106/11 Meg setup so the collaboration will be coherent. Although bigger the 106 doesn't hold focus during cool down like the 85 and seems to get more bother from big bright stars. However, it seems to be a great scope and the huge field is great fun. If ever you wonder if the 85 can possibly be worth the price - it is! The dew tapes are now the right way round!!! One from the Baby Q: Olly
Comet ISON - Friday 15th November, over Bakewell, England. This is (roughly) 15x1 min subs in each of RGB and 7x1 mins Lum with my Takahashi FSQ85 / Atik 460. Tracking was done on the stars and the images processed separately - in DSS for the comet and Neb for the starfield. (DSS produced a disappointing result in it's 'stars and comet' mode). I then processed in CS5 using a layer mask technique to blend in the comet over the starfield. It took a fair amount of processing but am pleased with the outcome, and even managed a few Virgo faint fuzzies. Thanks for looking, Simon
I imagine loads of people are collecting data from this target at the moment, with it being so high all night. This is my first go at it, and was faffing around for the first bit of the night, so only got 3x30 Ha and Oiii subs to work with, but after a lot of tweaking of colours to get it how I envisaged, here it is. The subs were guided here, but only so I could dither them. I took a 20 minute unguided sub first, just to see how well the mount tracked and it was absolutely 'bob on'. I know pointing a baby Q at 450mm isn't the biggest challenge for a mount, but with only 4 alignment stars loaded into the GM1000, I was pretty impressed with how it tracked. At first I thought there were some elongated stars, but there are quite a few in the field here which merge into each other. I've dimmed the stars here anyway to concentrate on the nebula. Hope you like it. I'm now an official 10 Micron fan. Jack