Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ag 12'.
Found 2 results
Hi guys!I finally managed to decide I'm done processing my insane photoproject of digging deep inside M31.Long story short: One picture of M31, 27megapixel 2x2 mosaic, +3 months of imaging in crappy weather, 18 separate nights, 534 separate exposures, +150 hours of processing, 1233 manually annotated objects inside M31.(images in the end of this post, lots of "bla bla" first)I had a great start last autumn with loads of clear nights, which made me think it be a quick stab to make a 2x2 mosaic (my first mosaic btw) of M 31 since my f.o.v is to narrow to capture M31 in one frame...But pretty much as soon as I started, the swedish weather turned into a mess which made me shoot M31 during 18(!) separate nights, during more than 3 months(!).I also spent countless of hours studying the M31 Atlas available online at: http://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/level5/ANDROMEDA_Atlas/frames.htmlIt contains +40 annotated plates of M31 captured with Kitts Peak 4m telescope and contains +1000 globular clusters, open clusters, stellar ascossiations and dust-clouds inside M31.By looking at those charts, I manually annotated 1233 objects in my image, along with names & outlines (except for dustcloud-names, since it cluttered the image too much)Here's what I found within my image:232 Globular Clusters235 Open Clusters140 Stellar Assosciations626 Dust CloudsData captured using ACP + SchedulerCalibration was done in Maxim, registration & stacking + mosaic-merging done in PI, the rest in photoshop.Gear:Telescope: Orion Optics AG12Camera: QSI 583 wsg-8Mount: 10Micron GM 2000 HPSGuiding: UnguidedSummary of exposures:Lum: 364 x 180s / 1092 minutesRed: 39 x 300s / 195 minutesGreen : 36 x 300s / 180 minutesBlue : 43 x 300s / 215 minutesHa : 52 x 900s / 780 minutesTotal time: 2462 minutes / 41 hoursHere are a few 100% crops so you can appreciate the level of resolution and the hard work behind it.(note Hubbles famous Cepheid, marked as "Var 1")Also, here's one of the charts used for annotation along with a matching crop from my image:If you're not using a mobile device, I highly recommend following the links to my homepage where the image is presented in full resolution along with selectable annotation-layers containing the following:Globular ClustersOpen ClustersDark NebulaeStellar AssociationsGrid + DSO'sIt was really mind-boggling processing a image of this scale, realizing that all those fuzzy spots visible inside the galaxy are actually open clusters and globular clusters, along with Ha-regions and much more!Unfortunately mobile devices usually downscale the huge 27MP resolution images and have trouble with the annotation-layers, so if you're using a computer(highly recommended), click the following images to be taken to my homepage where you can select which layers of annotation to be displayed, as well as the choice of 3 different resolutions. Otherwise there are direct-links to all versions below the images in this thread.Direct-links to images, No annotation:http://www.grinderphoto.se/pics/Med_102.jpg - (1024px width)http://www.grinderphoto.se/pics/Large_102.jpg - (3500px width)http://www.grinderphoto.se/pics/Full_102.jpg - (+6000px width)Direct-links to images, Annotated:http://www.grinderphoto.se/pics/Med_102_Annotated.jpg - (1024px width)http://www.grinderphoto.se/pics/Large_102_Annotated.jpg - (3500px width)http://www.grinderphoto.se/pics/Full_102_Annotated.jpg - (+6000px width)Thanks for watching, I hope you enjoy exploring all the details in this fantastic galaxy!Best RegardsJonas Grindehttp://www.grinderphoto.se
How's going people? Long time since last post due to bright Swedish summer nights, gear-tuning and automation fiddling, but now I'm up & running again. I'm starting off the dark season with one of my favorite targets inside the cygnus loop, NGC 6992, east veil nebula. The subs where acquired during three moonlit nights, all subs unguided. (shooting other targets too, so subs are shot when the target is in the highest position in the sky, thanks to ACP automation) I've only used two filters for this image, Ha & O3 (both 5nm). I mixed the color close to Ha/O3/O3 as R/G/B , with slight different weights in G & B, to reach a more blue tone rather than cyan. Both Ha & O3 was used as luminance-data. I also created a "natural" star-color mix of the layers, with Ha / Ha+O3 / O3 as R/G/B and adjusted filterweights until I had a natural mix of yellow & blue (go Sweden!) stars, which was later applied as color-data with a star-mask on top of the image. The Subs (unguided): Ha : 19 x 600s / 190 minutes O3 : 12 x 600s / 120 minutes Total time: 310 minutes / 5.2 hours The Scope: Orion Optics AG12 Aperture: 12" Focal lenght: 1140mm Focal ratio: f/3.8 Imaging scale: 0.98" / pixel together with my QSI 583 The Mount: 10 Micron GM 2000 HPS All subs unguided The Camera: QSI 583 wsg (with 8-position filterwheel upgrade) Filters: Astrodon Click image for full resolution: It's been so much fun to see this object in the high resolution my setup produces, so many faint formations of nebulosity I've never seen before. I also recommend to have a peek at the following link, it's crazy how different the same object can look, imaged through different wavelengths: Click here to see the difference between the Ha & O3 at my homepage, with a "mouse-over" function that switches between the two Thanks a lot for watching Best Regards Jonas Grinde http://www.grinderphoto.se