Jump to content

30 secs banner.jpg

matt_baker

Members
  • Content Count

    442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

460 Excellent

1 Follower

About matt_baker

  • Rank
    Star Forming

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Derby

Recent Profile Visitors

2,932 profile views
  1. M101 - The Pinwheel Galaxy ZWO 1600MM Pro, shot at 1.61"PP Decided not to drizzle as I wouldn't have been able to use MureDenoise. 24x180" Gain 76 Offset 15 bin 1x1 for each RGB, probably should've done 2x2 seeing as it's colour data 240x90" Gain 76 Offset 15 bin 1x1 Luminance 30x300" Gain 200 Offset 50 bin 1x1 Ha. Admittedly not the best scope to use for galaxy imaging with 488mm fl but I thought I'd give it a go either way I've done many iterations of this in the past week but this one I feel is the best of them all so far. I had an issue of overcorrecting
  2. I'd always had it on my mind but was shying away from it because I thought there was a reason people didn't do it like that and decided not to question it until it really bothered me and tried. For initial backlash adjustment after reassembly sure, make sure it's not binding and not rocking but for fine adjustment, be out in the field and dial it right in.
  3. Ever since I stripped, regreased and replaced my worm bearings, I could never get the Dec backlash to what it was when I got the mount. This issue plagued me and I tried multiple times again and again to minimise it by following tutorials, mainly astrobaby's, but it just never worked as I intended it to. There was pretty much no backlash on the Dec axis by rocking, neither was there anything on the gears but having gone outside and started guiding, PHD measured my backlash to be 6 seconds. I took the necessary steps to ensure that it was accurate by calibrating at Dec 0 and slewing
  4. Complete reprocess along with adding in 2.5 hours of Ha bringing it to 11.5 hours in total. Full acquisition now: Ha: 31x300", L: 229x90" , R: 24x180", G: 22x180", B: 21x180" Pixel scale is 1.61" Per Pixel, but nice to see how much detail I could recover with Decon and sharpening Ha taken with Gain 200 Offset 50 LRGB taken with Gain 76 Offset 15 Have included two - one cropped and one wider. Will attempt the drizzled set and compare the differences Any questions or comments on areas of improvement would be greatly appreciated!
  5. Added 2.5 hours more L and filtered bad frames in RGB. Will add Ha soon. Decided to also not drizzle this time to see the effects
  6. Thanks! Just processing last night's data now so I'll update when I'm finished
  7. Of course, will do when I get home as the pubs are finally open here in England Thank you! I've got more data in the last couple of nights so I'll be adding that and hopefully get a better result
  8. M101 - The Pinwheel Galaxy M101 is a face-on spiral galaxy 21 million light-years away from Earth in the constellation Ursa Major. It was discovered by Pierre Méchain in 1781 and was communicated that year to Charles Messier, who verified its position for inclusion in the Messier Catalogue as one of its final entries. Equipment: TS Optics 90mm CF Triplet APO Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro (Belt Modded) ZWO 1600MM Pro ZWO 8 Position 31mm Filter Wheel ZWO LRGB Filters ZWO EAF QHY5L-II M & 50mm Guide Scope Remote controlled with Stellarmate RPi 4 Acquisition: 115x9
  9. Really impressive., Alex! The data to bring out the IFN like that without introducing noise is incredible. Well done! Matt
  10. I did think of using registar but I don't have a licence so I can't save the registered subs. It's also the fact that the images are at different rotations
  11. Went back and stacked all 4 this time instead to reduce the noise significantly and spent more time trying to properly align. Also made the GIF reversible to better represent the motion https://www.astrobin.com/full/1kus37/0/?nc=user
  12. Relativistic jet motion from M87. Raw data taken from MAST archive from propositions dating from 1999 to 2018. Each set contained 4 frames of which I picked the best one from each year, manually aligning and rotating in photoshop by using difference blending mode and free transforming. Applied false colour and smoothed in SAOImageDS9 Instrument: STIS/NUV-MAMA Filter: MIRNUV
  13. More than a year ago I attempted the exact same thing, just with a Celestron C14, so I had to be very accurate with my alignment. The best piece of software for the job was iMerge. It takes the first frame of the AVI and you can layer each of the next ones over each other as when you hover over them, it becomes transparent and you can align the panes. I had to have around a 30% overlap as the mount would have a tendency of drifting during capturing. I shot mine with my guide cam that only did 1280x960@30FPS but I was lucky that the seeing that night was pristine and the moon was hig
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.