Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

iwannabswiss

New Members
  • Content Count

    40
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

24 Excellent

About iwannabswiss

  • Rank
    Nebula

Profile Information

  • Location
    Tennessee
  1. I have a moonlight for my sn. Could you adjust the tension a little?
  2. Like mentioned you would have to bore out on size. I had a 5mm couple laying around, I used a dremel collet to fill the gap.
  3. Looks good silos. I just finished putting my in the container, now just need to decide either direct drive or belt. Currently have it on direct drive but we'll see when it comes time to take some pictures.[emoji4]
  4. I hate working, it takes away from the important things in life like finishing a project. Finally got the direct drive mounted and working. Now I just need to powder coat the holder and make a decision, do I want to contain everything in the holder or just run a wire down the OTA to a electric base station with everything else. I'm hoping to save as much on weight as possible.
  5. Welcome to the club blackdragon72. Besides going with the Uno instead of the nano, did you go with the stepper motor I showed you? You can use the sketch provided here and make it work on the Uno with no issues, but use the same wiring diagram.
  6. I live in the states but had a chance to move to Switzerland for a year. Had an absolute blast and miss the ways of life. Wish I could move back, I enjoyed the easy access to different counties, cultures, and languages.
  7. Awesome guys, I'm in business! Thanks for the help. I remember seeing something about those libraries in my arduino book but it never dawned on me. Guess that's why you shouldn't work on something late at night, lol.
  8. I had the older version working just fine. I followed the directions and deleted everything then started to attempt to upload the latest version, I got the AAF2 programs on. The issue I'm running into is trying to upload the sketch to my nano without the temp sensor. Any spot that has the temp in it gives me an error the only way to bypass it is to add the //.
  9. Back from vacation and finally got a chance to get back to work and finish the project. Added the foam and red led stipe lights. Dry weight 63 lbs, wet weight 144 lbs.
  10. Thanks for all the comments. I'm not sure what the total weight is but I'll be sure to find out. Hardest part has been finding foam that didn't cost me am arm and leg, roughly $80! Finally found some memory foam for a mattress for $40 and more than necessary.
  11. I am going to start traveling with my SN10 and wanted a way to securely store everything but also keep the number of bags to a minimum. With this idea in mind I decided to create an easy travel case that holds all of the neccesary parts with the exception of the tripod itself. My idea was to break the case into three levels, the first part will hold the mount, weights, controls and guidescope; the top two levels hold the OTA itself. All three levels come apart, my thought behind this was that I didn't want to lay the scope in grass or whatever surface I'm on while putting everthing together or taking apart. With this in mind the process works as follows. Walk the box to point of setup. Take top two levels out and set aside. Take pieces out of bottom tray, set up and then place scope on. While out at the star parties everything can be put back together and the top can serve as a table for laptop or anything else. After attaching reflective tape the box was put in the paint booth for some black paint followed by a couple coats of "never wet" to help repel dew. All that is left is to reattach the hardware, cut and add foam inside so everything can be neatly stored and transported and run a few strips of red led lighting so when everything is taking apart the lights come on so it will be easier to see at night when putting everything back together. A couple shots inside the box before the top was added. The case is 16" wide, 22" high, 41" long Thanks for looking
  12. I've been watching these threads while waiting for my arduino, Finally got it all together so I'll be joining the beta group soon. Now it's just a matter of finding the time between work and life.
  13. Thanks for the advice. I only plan on using the 900 to get my feet wet. No needed spending lots of money if I don't get it or like it. It will mainly be my planetary camera and I'll use my 4110 for autoguiding.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.