Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

GothAstronomer

Members
  • Content Count

    201
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

371 Excellent

4 Followers

About GothAstronomer

  • Rank
    Star Forming

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Female
  • Location
    Milton Keynes

Recent Profile Visitors

1,645 profile views
  1. Thank you Martin. I have just done a recount and my exposures actually totalled 74x15 minutes as had forgotten to add one of the panels doh!
  2. Thanks Sara- I do want to deal with the halo but that is one thing I haven't quite mastered yet in PI, so will attempt another day!
  3. Thank you Olly (work is no fun at all)
  4. This is the Ha element of a project which has been a long time in the making in our lovely British climate. It is a (so far) 4-panel mosaic around the Sadr region in Cygnus which I started last year and have continued with this year. I do have colour data which I am eager to add, but am stopping for today as this has taken me the best part of the day to process and I am slightly losing the will to live now! I do want to extend this image also, and am hopeful that I may grab another two panels of Ha this year before Cygnus disappears into the trees- more colour will have to wait for next year n
  5. May do, or some colour. The 03 filter is currently tied up on another project so will have to see.
  6. Long time no post! Due to cloudy skies, we have been able to do very little imaging for the last few months, so were glad to finally get out last night and get some more ha for this target which we started some time ago (whilst testing the new dome roof tracker, which was a great success). This consists of 16 x 10 minutes in ha, taken through a Takahashi FSQ85 + reducer, with an Atik 460EX, processed in Pixinsight. All comments welcomed.
  7. Gorgeous image Mark! You must be really pleased with that result
  8. My laptop is left out in the dome all year round, but when I use it in the winter months I have issues with it; in the summer it is fine. The main issue is that when I try to connect the planetarium software or PHD Guiding to the EQ6 mount I get an error message saying there is no telescope connected to the com port. I have also recently begun to have problems with the Atik camera where Artemis Capture freezes, will not cool the camera, or tells me it has a loss of power. If I unplug the laptop and bring it indoors and then try to reconnect, I still get the same message telling me there is no
  9. Thank you so much Olly- I am pleased with it for a first attempt. I have started on a third panel and can see this being a project that may run and run, but it is great fun... Oh for some clear moonless nights to grab some more colour data! (Or several more baby Qs so that I can build a monstrous light-devouring system that eats nebulosity for breakfast)
  10. I use the Gradient Merge Mosaic tool in Pixinsight, which is excellent and very easy to use. If you have PI, there is a tutorial on Harry's Astro Shed which explains the tool well.
  11. Thank you very much. We are going on holiday at the end of the week (down to Astro Adventures) and I have a feeling that by the time we come back Sadr will be hidden behind an inconvenient tree (think I need to invest in a chainsaw but don't want to make the first ever astro-horror film) You never know, I might just squeeze a bit more time yet...
  12. It's been an ambition of mine for some time to try composing a mosaic, and I have been working on this image for several weeks now, as the weather has permitted. It is composed of two panels, with 5.5 hours of data in each in 15 minute subs. It was taken with my Tak FSQ85 (plus reducer) and Atik 460EX, processed in Pixinsight. I am quite pleased with this for my first effort, and am impressed with how easy stitching the panels is in PI. Am now longing for some colour data, and some more panels, but am soon going to lose this target, so it may have to be continued next year now. Zoe
  13. We posted our first image taken with the new 60mm double stack Lunt, and realised at the time that there was something a bit wrong with the image. After a bit of research, we purchased a camera tilter and think that this has done the job and got rid of the Newtonian rings we were suffering with. Here is the image taken with the camera tilter on, imaged with the ZWO 120mm. (Have also now realised that we may need to buy a new camera to achieve a full disk). Good thing Christmas is coming... All comments welcomed. Dave and Zoe
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.