A second attempt at the Witch’s Broom Nebula (NGC6960), this time in narrowband. It took me 3.5 months to acquire the data, which was caused by a combination of poor UK weather and the partial obstruction by trees at my location.
Although imaged in narrowband, I tried to go for realistic looking colours so started with Ha mapped to red and OIII mapped to blue with a synthetic green generated from a Ha/OIII mix. After a few hue adjustments, I ended up with a colour image which mainly gave blue/reddish stars and nebula. I found that detail could be boosted by creating a super luminance image from the individually stacked narrow band stacks and then deconvolving the result which I then blended into the colour result via Pixinsight’s LRGB process. The image represents 16.5 hours integration time.