As part of my servicing of my Tal 100RSM, I decided that I had to do something about the 3 nuts that hold the mount in the cup on the tripod. Tightening and loosening the nuts is not that convenient and also damages the mount where it sits in the cup. In their place I found an old drill handle, the long threaded bolt that was part of the handle, a couple of washers and a few nuts. I had to cut off the top of the bolt as it was in the way of the declination adjuster. Later I will make it more permanent, but for the present it works perfectly well and allows me to rapidly attach the mount to the tripod.