This project was started a few weeks ago with the intention of removing the secondary mirror from my scope.
i used a celestron 8 inch f5 tube and replaced the f5 mirror with a GSO 8 inch f4 mirror.
A new mirror cell had to be built so i used the stellafane design as shown in the pics.
i was fed up with the secondary dewing up and knew that the heat produced from the camera would eliminate this.
7% increase in light since no secondary.
less diffraction since camera is much smaller than the required size of secondary.
collimation is a dream, just remove the camera and look through the hole.
focusing is done by gently moving the camera.
i will be doing some rough tests tonight and will post images in the future.
the images shown is of the scope nearly finished, i have to block the hole where the focuser used to be.