Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Viewing Moon during the day

With the moon about during the day, it seems a waste to let it sit there unviewed. I took a stab yesterday and got some images but the effort involved was tremendous. Two problems 1. Finding and focusing and 2. tracking - not able to do star alignment on GOTO mount.

Any advice most welcome.

If you put the scope in HOME POSITION each time you finish using it........Or PARK on some mounts. If you set it up more or less in the same position the next time you use it.....just change the date and time on the handset and and select yes when it asks you if you want to go back to the Park or HOME poesition......it will get you close to your target

If you test the alignment on the moon during the day and it is spot on, can you then view bright planets (eg venus or jupiter) aswell using the go-to. I dont know if this will work. you might only be able to see them very faintly.

I'd be very interested to know if anyone has done this.

Archived