Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mid Wales Astronomical Societies

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Although I live in Kent, I am currently holidaying in Llangammarch, powys, staying at my uncles house. I have just managed to repair his meade etx 125 (handset wasn't powering up) but although that now works, and we've setup for Wales, and the date and time, I can't get it automatically aligned. Motors move . Gears whirr. Then it gets to an upright position and motors still whirring but no more movement going on. I've told him to locate a local astronomy group, someone who knows what they are doing with it might be able to assist. Anyone know the local group to him please? Marches group I am not sure are still running as the link is broken. Sarah

Newtown Astronomical Society is still running, I think...Facebook closed group...https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412459148966189/#_=_

'MAGS' or Marches Astronomy Group, held at the Spaceguard Centre in Knighton, was running when I saw a pal of mine who was a member last year. Contact details are  here if you want to enquire as to whether it is still running.

Depending how north of Powys you are, you could even try Shropshire Astronomy Society over t'border in England...they are a smashing bunch of people - I have met quite a few of them but never signed up for membership because it was a heckuva drive into more a light polluted area. Fond memories of a fantastic group who are passionate about outreach.

Archived