Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NEQ6 Pro Pier Adapter Design

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

laser_jock99

laser_jock99

Red Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 4,258 posts

Why is it so high? The mount is at head hight so placing a bahtinov mask etc when at the zenith is going to be tricky???
Steve

Might be using refractors? When building a permanent pier you almost have to make a decision as to whether you're mainly going to be using refractors or reflectors!

My permanent pier is head high. But my 12" Newt is set at waist high at the shortest tripod setting- and that's still too high. If I put the Newt on my obsy pier the business end would be some ten feet off the ground! Now I could have made a shorter obsy pier- but then I would not see over the obsy walls and I like to opperate my cameras at about head high! Lots of things to weigh up when making a pier.....

Astro Images & Observatory Photos
http://s48.photobuck...sort=3&page=all
Refractors- SW Equinox 120ED, SW 80ED, Altair Astro StarWave ED80 + 0.7x & 0.6x Reducers

Reflectors- Cape Newise 200mm/F6, Revelation Astro/GSO 6", 8", 10" & 12" Astrograph F4/F2.9 Newtonians

ASA Keller Coma Corrector/Reducer + Baader MPCC III coma corrector. Mounts NEQ6 x 3 

Paliadon

Paliadon

Star Forming

• Members
  • 111 posts
Hi Steve, I have made it so high so that I am able to build a deck around it. When fully erected (I will post pics shortly) I will stand and it will be a comfortable height. :-)

Looks great mate, look forward to a report on it! Quick question though? Why is it so high? The mount is at head hight so placing a bahtinov mask etc when at the zenith is going to be tricky???
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meade 10" ACF / NEQ6 Pro Mount / Coronado PST / Orion Short Tube 80 / Nikon D70s & Nikon D300s / One day i'll be able to afford an STBIG... / Bino - Saxon 30x80 / Bino - Zenith 7x50 / Celestron Sky Scout

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users