Narrowband

Telescope finance???

Warehouseexpress have been around a long time. I've bought camera equipment from them on numerous occasions without any problems.

The only negative would be the fact that they are a Photographic equipment supplier rather than a pure Astro equipment supplier and basically shift a huge amount of boxes from a warehouse so they don't have a showroom so you wouldn't have a personal contact shops give you.

I did think about getting a credit card, but would rather not, I like the option on warehouse express were you buy now, pay in 6 months etc etc.

Don't know what to do, I'm rubbish at saving, but good at paying monthly bills, I need to upgrade telescope, I have a 76mm reflector from Argos, it's not what I expected. I live in a town centre, so need something that gives great views of planets & DSO, plus I can user webcam to take a few snaps.

Don't know what to do, I'm rubbish at saving, but good at paying monthly bills

Then why not get an Interest Free Credit Card? If you aren't good at saving then BNPL isn't for you, unless you plan to pay a bit off each month. In that case why not get a credit card offering interest free?

Thats exactly what I did when I got my kit. That way I was able to pay off my purchase over 12 months with no interest. Plus, there is the added security of using a credit card for purchases over the internet should anything go wrong etc. I use to say I would never have a credit card but I have one now. I use it for internet purchases and always pay the balance off. There is nothing wrong with getting one to take advantage of an interest free period, even if you don't decide to use it after.

PS Be warned astrophotography is a slippery slope! :)

I also agree that a 0% credit card would be the best way. You'd still pay it as a monthly bill, and if you still owed money at the end of the 0% period, you just apply for a different 0% card and transfer the balance from old card to new card. This way you never pay interest AND you can buy from wherever you choose.

Have a look on the link:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/best-0-credit-cards

Archived