Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 +PHP Guiding - Testing

johnb

Hi

I have a new QHY5 have installed the ASCOMM Drivers and the QHY5 Drivers - Im connecting to my EQ6 Mount with an ST4 lead

When I start PHP and connect a camera i select ASCOMv5 Camera and then select CMOS QHY5 Camera and it says connected in the Scope connection im selecting on Camera

Can I test in the house to make sure ive done it right and all the right drivers are loaded etc before i go outside

I have selected Manual drive from the menu but it seems to do nothing ?

Regards

John Berman

Once you've selected the CMOS QHY5 Camera and oked the choice just hit the capture/loop icon on the bottom of the main window and you should see the video window start up even without any scope attached.

With my QHY5 I normally change the camera gain in properties to 100% and use an exposure time of 1-2 seconds to get a star that is guidable. It's also worth doing the dark frame routine before you start guiding or looking for a star.

For the looping you can set it really fast. This will update the screen and show you QHY5 working. With the cap off it'll be white (as it's sensitive)...pop the cap on and it's go black. Shows it's working :)

No way to make a pretend star in a dark room really as focus is hard to achieve.

Obviously stop the looping before guiding.

Archived