Narrowband

what's your dream scope for imaging ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep i know what you both mean !!!!!.

But as for the cloud i blame santa for bringing people there shiney new astro gear !!!! :eek:.

And we all know what shiney new astro gear means ...........

CLOUDY SKIES !.

chris...

Not the TSA for me. That is primarily a visual scope. Both the Tak FSQs would do nicely for me since I only have one of them!! And then something really fast like a Hyperstar but I would want an engineer astronomer on hand (Hi Greg Parker!!) to make sure it performed to the book.

Ooohhh and then... Deitmar Haager's folded 9 inch TMB refractor. And after that an array of three 12 inch Ritchey Chretiens in parallel on a single mount, since f8 is so slow. Three cameras as well, of course. That would perform like a fast sytem but at long fl..

And why? Well, in imaging I want flat field, high resolution, even illumination and fast fast faster focal ratio!

Not difficult, am I?

Olly

[dream on]

*for the asa dreamers*,

consider a real dreamscope?

it would fill this topic nicely :eek:

Corrected Astrograph - Lightweight Telescope - Lightweight Optical Support Structure Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Flat, Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Mirror

you can see some results of the 16'' on karel teuwen his website @ Karel Teuwen

[dream off]

[dream on]

*for the asa dreamers*,

consider a real dreamscope?

it would fill this topic nicely :)

Corrected Astrograph - Lightweight Telescope - Lightweight Optical Support Structure Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Flat, Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Mirror

you can see some results of the 16'' on karel teuwen his website @ Karel Teuwen

[dream off]

Real winner!:eek:

in imaging I want flat field, high resolution, even illumination and fast fast faster focal ratio!

Thats everything I want in a dream scope, couldnt have said it better myself :)

Something like a C14 with faststar would be interesting, but to be realistic I would probably go for the MN190.... flat without the faff.

What are peoples' thoughts on the new Skywatcher 100m F/5 5-element APO (Petzval-like flat field system) that ticks a large number of boxes! Not light at 7 kg.

Wait & see I guess. Not light but it should be pretty short which makes up for it. My only concern would be it's collimation, my understanding of the petzval design is that it can be tricky to manufacture and get it right.

Tony..

Archived