Narrowband

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, im still waiting for mine, i even emailed morgan and asked for an update as to wether its been dispatched or not! And, you guessed it ive had nothing back, cant say im over the moon really lol ahh well like you say, it'll turn up soon enough.

Eddy

Got my two £6 880's this morning, they can go with my £30 one....- cant wait to have a play with them.

Having to build an XP machine just to flash them!!unless anyone has tried flashing on the XP Vm in 7???

I think I will watch the forums a little more before trying the LX mod!

Yep, flashing worked fine for me from an XP VM running in Win7. Just for those waiting for the post, I ordered mine from Morgan on Friday morning and they arrived this morning.

Robin

Mine arrived this morning - superfast delivery from Somerset to London. I see the Morgans site now mentions this as an astronomy cam (with modification).

Price is creeping up too.....now £6.99 + del :D

Edited by russ

Thanks for the heads up Russ, two ordered on Friday arrived today and duly flashed in XP.

Now I need to make sure I have it all correctly done, never had a webcam before. In Win7 64bit show up as USB composite device unspecified, although go deeper and the cam and microphone are listed below it. Software sees them as an SPC 900NC so the drivers are installed although dated 2007? In XP they show up in the explorer window correctly.

Max res is 640*480 ?

That's correct for the max res. The drivers are probably the same ones carried over from Vista, hence the date. I think Philips have some newer drivers on the website?

They do, but I think its just the installer that's different, the drivers seem to be the same.

They do, but I think its just the installer that's different, the drivers seem to be the same.

Well I can get them running okay so all must be good :D now to do a bit of research about turning the light off and fittings, would love to be able to screw it into my Atik filter wheel to avoid keep taking the UV/IR filter out.

How about £29.73 inc delvery :eek:

Sorted after a run around on the phone with long "holds" ... and got them for the Friday price and hopefully delivered to the right address this time...

Is that what they are up to now? They are on the website for 6.99 still.

I noticed one of mine has what appears to be a dead pixel or two as there is an artifact on the image, the other one is fine though. Looks like one for the computer and one for the scope :D

Is that what they are up to now? They are on the website for 6.99 still.

I noticed one of mine has what appears to be a dead pixel or two as there is an artifact on the image, the other one is fine though. Looks like one for the computer and one for the scope :eek:

Administrative at morgans error due to the demand.... :D

They have crept up to £6.99 but i eventually go the 4 that weren't despatched at the Friday price... :)

Peter..

How come i ordered mine friday and im still to recieve it?! lol whats going on?!

Ordered mine on friday, they didn't come with my normal post this morning though....it's only cause I know the postman that he knew I was waiting and dropped them off a little while back for me after finding them.......you'll probably get yours tomorrow.

5 arrived today and 5 flashed no problems !!

Cheers Russ , if we ever meet i owe you a pint :D

Great news....5 cams to play with. I'll be at SGL6 if you want to get me a packet of crisps (i'm not much of a drinker) :eek: