SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nexstar 8SE - howto remove logo plate on dovetail?

Hi folks,

got my new Nexstar 8SE last week, and it has the tiniest defect - the logo plate on the dovetail bar is upside down... Now, it looks like this plate has been slid into a groove on the dovetail, and at the rear cell end it rattles a little in the groove. However at the corrector plate end it is very firmly gripped in the groove - possibly just friction, but I suspect more likely it has been glued in.

Does anyone have a non-destructive suggestion to remove this plate? All I want to do is slide it out, turn it through 180 degrees and slide it back in so the logo is the right way up when the scope is 'parked' on the mount.

I know it's only cosmetic at the moment, but one of the dovetail fixing screws is under the plate, so it would be impossible to tighten it or remove the dovetail at some point in the future without removing (or drilling!) the logo plate.

cheers,

Robin

Archived