Narrowband

PHD and LX webcam - keeps crashing

tooth_dr

ARGGGh

I test ran this last week, LX via serial port, using an SC1.5 webcam. I was guiding with 2s exposures :headbang:

So went to use it again, nothing changed, and now it crashes.

I select camera 'lx serial/parallel' choose 640x480, then it crashes and closes.

I can use the webcam for guiding without lx, in which case I choose WDM webcam, and it works.

Any ideas?

What I've done_

1) clicked on the brain and set it to the right com port first thing on opening, still no joy

2) uninstalled and reinstalled PHD - no joy

3) removed webcam and re-plugged it it - no good

4) tried guidedog - gave up very quickly as it wouldn't even recognise the webcam

The com port is working and configured to COM2 - running off a prolific serial-USB converter bought from Astronomiser.

Any idea guys, as this is severally hampering my imaging :p

Regards

Adam

I had a similar problem when trying to use PHD with a capture card. Some error with the version of the Amcap driver we were using. Try getting an older version, might help. We had an old driver disc, but you might be able to find one online?

Hope that helps.

Have you reinstalled the webcam drivers?

No, but it works 100% as a webcam without LX so I figured that would not affect it.

Martintblack - I'll try that.

It's just odd because it WAS working with all of the above, just decided not to work one day ;)

Ok, I got this sorted this evening believe it or not.

I have both parallel and serial modded toucams. So I tried my parallel one with phd to see what happened - crashed in exactly the same way! So I uninstalled the webcam drivers (both SPC900NC webcams) and uninstalled PHD. Reinstalled both programs, and again both cams crashing at same point through the set up process! Very odd indeed.

Uninstalled the prolific drivers for USB to serial adapters. Reinstalled as per website download for most recent version. This time I got a small exclamation mark in the system device manager box for one of my USB-serial convertors, but the other one was unmarked and 'working fine'. I'd not seen this before. Anyway, I found an old disc with the drivers for the USB-serial convertor from astronomiser. I loaded these up, and well it's working 100% now. So I guess I'm in for a few cloudy nights ;)

So for some reason (I"m guessing) the newer drivers for the prolific USB serial convertor were in some way disagreeing with PHD - this is the only thing I changed.

Archived