SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hilarious debate on astrophotography 101 on BBC blog

jah79

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the blog with a mixture of hilarity and incredulity.

If an artist wants to take a photograph of a paddling pool and call it 'pacific sunset' because there was a sunset over the pacific at the time, fine. But to claim it actually is a picture of the pacific sunset is either delusional or the just pretenious bovine excretions.

PS (You'll have to read the original blog to get what I'm on about)

"As to whether or not the photographer actually captured them in the images shown is clearly open to debate but neither Derek or I are astronomers."

Clearly neither Derek or himself are astronomers, because if they were they would know that the images contained exactly NO geminids and the images would not have been published and made open for discussion.

No offence to Wales or the Welsh peope (i love you and your country), but if this has been the most popular blog on the Welsh BBC website ever.................i'm thinking not alot of exciting stuff happens in Wales.

I'm glad we got this sorted out. I dont know how much more of it i could have taken before i gave myself a hernia from laughing so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Humans are such an ugly breed arn't they? :hello2:

I read the blog and this thread with amazement, sadness and a little anger....

From being amused to pity.......

Perhaps some should look at the poem from Alexander Pope 'An Essay on Criticism'

Extremely funny....best blog of the year.....nearly wet meself....still laughing! :)

Seriously though, has anyone suggested he shows the picture to someone he might respect the opinion of....say Partrick Moore or Chris Lintott or someone else who actually knows something about astronomy at the BBC? You get the feeling that he seriously thinks the comments about the lack of Geminids are just from people who know nothing about photography, astronomy or reality for that matter.

I wonder if he goes back on the next clear night to the same location and takes another snap he will get the same star trails....oops I mean Geminids. :hello2:

Archived