Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unimount suppliers in UK/Europe?

NaomiH

Does anyone know of a supplier for Unimount or other parallelogram binoc mounts in either UK or mainland Europe (particularly France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg). It looks like it's the answer to the shoulder/back/inaccessible-zenith problems, but I balk at paying shipping from the US if I can get it from closer to home.

I've done a lot of googling, but can't turn up anyone who stocks any sort of parallelogram mounts on this side of the pond - any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks in advance -- Naomi

Thanks Brian, I will check it out. I have Fujinon 10x70s, a great birthday present from various family members, not hugely heavy, but I have a shoulder problem, and then there's interesting stuff at the zenith too :icon_eek: So now I'm hoping I can interest the family in a parallelogram mount for Xmas. If we actually had a few clear nights that would be good too, but there's an unbroken stream of depressions tipping it over Luxembourg right now. I just have to believe it'll turn at some point ...

Thanks again -- Naomi

• 4 years later...

I'm looking at SCS Astro  and they quote a price of £300 +, which at current exchange rates is coming in about 50% more expensive than buying from UA in the states. What a rip - off. The alternative from Scopes n Skies is certainly inferior but at the price seems like the best choice to me, and I wouldn't need the tripod as I am   sure I can mount it onto the legs of my eq-5 ?  This would accomodate Helios Apollo 15x70's ?

Archived