I've been asked quite a lot recently about how to do EP projection. Well, here's how I do it.
PRIMER - EYEPIECE PROJECTION WITH A WEBCAM
1. Prepare the webcam. The webcam is setup in exactly the same way as for prime focus photography – lens removed and nose piece and any filters attached.
2. Place the eyepiece of choice into the focuser. I usually use a 10mm EP.
3. Attach the eyepiece projection adaptor to the eyepiece and tighten the grub screws.
4. Turn on your scopes drives/tracking and start capture software. If you don't have drives/tracking then EP projection is going to be very difficult, if not impossible.
5. Now to find and center the target. Remove the eyepiece and eyepiece adaptor and replace with an eyepiece of choice for acquiring the target. I usually start with a 25m EP. Center the target and replace the eyepiece with a higher power eyepiece. I use a 6mm EP. Center again. Remove the eyepiece.
6. Insert the webcam into the other end of the eyepiece projection adaptor. Very carefully, you don't want to knock your target off center, insert the eyepiece end of the EP adaptor/webcam into the focuser.
7. You should see your target on screen. If not then make sure you have the gain way up on your capture software as the target is likely to be way out of focus and therefore very dim. If you still can't see anything on screen, then repeat from step 5.
The EP adapter I use: