Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

star reduction action

Ive written a new action for reducing star bloating.....thought it might be useful to some of you who arent sure how to do it....

it will also help with matching star sizes in narrow band shots. ive kept it subtle so if you need more reduction just run it through it again!

just drop it into your actions folder in photoshop to activate it you might need to select it in the action dropdown menu

let me know how you get on with it

enjoy :)

peter shah star reduction action ps.zip

• Like 2

I have found you can run it a few times keeping an eye on the stars to watch for dark halos ... and then back up a bit...

Some other actions I have tried put the result onto a new layer so that you can selectively apply them by erasing the areas where you don't want the action to have any effect

Thanks again for sharing you expertise with us.

Peter...

:) So how does one use this. Is it simply copied into CS3 PS Plug in folder.?

Ron.

no problem ron.....copy it into the photoshop actions folder found in, program files/adobe/adobe photoshop cs/presets/photoshop actions. then open photoshop and click on the action drop down menu in the actions window and click on my action...open an image a press play....:grin:

Peter,

I'll definitely try your action but don't hold your breath :)

It has taken me two years to get to the point where I'm ready to start imaging. Weather permitting, if I don't come back from Kelling with some decent images, there will be a bit of equipment in the For Sale section.

Mike

no problem ron.....copy it into the photoshop actions folder found in, program files/adobe/adobe photoshop cs/presets/photoshop actions. then open photoshop and click on the action drop down menu in the actions window and click on my action...open an image a press play....:grin:

Thank you very much Peter.

Ron.:)

Peter,

I'll definitely try your action but don't hold your breath :grin:

It has taken me two years to get to the point where I'm ready to start imaging. Weather permitting, if I don't come back from Kelling with some decent images, there will be a bit of equipment in the For Sale section.

Mike

Hey, don't say that Mike. I'm depending on you to get me up and running.:)

We'll be OK, I've got Steve's Book:rolleyes:

Ron.

Peter,

I'll definitely try your action but don't hold your breath :)

Mike

No need to advertise the it Mike, I'll take the Tak off of you :grin:.

Tony..

Fight you for it Tony :)

If Ron & Mike dont come away from Kelling with at least one image between them, i'm going to scream :grin:

Thanks for the action Peter, i'll try it out on some NB images next time. Would it also help with r-g-b filtered images if the stars were of varying size?

TJ

Fight you for it Tony :grin:

If Ron & Mike dont come away from Kelling with at least one image between them, i'm going to scream :)

Thanks for the action Peter, i'll try it out on some NB images next time. Would it also help with r-g-b filtered images if the stars were of varying size?

TJ

Hey!, what about Stevie Flo? He's had Pro guidance from Mr Loughran, albeit indirectly via James.:):D:D.

If Ron & Mike dont come away from Kelling with at least one image between them, i'm going to scream :grin:

I think that could be a collective scream mate! If we managed to sort out Steve last year, then anything's possible :).

Tony..

I really wanted to get to kelling this year. Ive never been......but i cant drive at the moment.....im recovering from a broken hand....boo!

Fight you for it Tony :)

Would it also help with r-g-b filtered images if the stars were of varying size?

TJ

yes should work fine.....you will need to apply it to the frames before RGB combine