Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tiny Saturn

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

gaelicstorm7

gaelicstorm7

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 866 posts
Here's a strange one for you, decided to put the 4x paul rini barlow on the Megez and have a go at Saturn, this is the result

Guess it turns the Megrez into a 1920mm lens ! :shock:

don't think it's too bad really,hope you like it.

Alan :laugh:

Attached Thumbnails

• Sat.jpg

MartinB

MartinB

Global Moderator

• Global Mods
  • 10,842 posts
Got the rings and the colour so you have to be pleased Alan. You could crop it then it would look less lonely :laugh: A bit less exposure might bring out some more details.

Definitely on the right track.

Martin

Kaptain Klevtsov

Kaptain Klevtsov

Sub Giant

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8,441 posts
Nice image mate! Like the man said, a little too much exposure, but you can really tell what it is.

Do you have a teleconverter? You could get up to 3840mm!

Really shows the talents of your Megrez, I tried Saturn with a 600mm f/8 camera lens plus two 2x teleconverters so 2400mm focal length and didn't get results like yours.

Really like it!

Captain Chaos

radioactive

radioactive

Brown Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 2,701 posts
I like the image you created there mate did you do it for a bet Only joking Al I am told on somewhere that Saturn is the hardest planet really to get right in focus and exposure

CELESCOPE

CELESCOPE

Sub Giant

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7,747 posts
Good go at that one Al , like the guys have already said just a tad over done , but never the less a nice image ,
well done
Rog .

gaelicstorm7

gaelicstorm7

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 866 posts
Thanks guys, just a trial really, not got a 2x convertor but do have 2 x barlox might try that in there as well sometime and see what happens, hehehe.

Alan.

OXO

OXO

Banned User

• Beyond The Event Horizon
  • 0 posts
Get ya BARLOW in there Alan it will work wonder's mate..

Nice image :saturn: :laugh:

mark RD

mark RD

Sub Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 1,109 posts

I like the image you created there mate did you do it for a bet Only joking Al I am told on somewhere that Saturn is the hardest planet really to get right in focus and exposure

Sorry to disagree but I think jupitor is harder to take a pic of becouse its so dam bright IMHO

Anyway nice image gaelicstorm7

Mark

FLO

FLO

Supernova

• FLO
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,034 posts
Thanks for sharing Alan,

For the hell of it, I put a 3mm in the Revelation 80 and was pleasantly surprised at how well it coped :lol:

A 6mm barlowed might have made more sense...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users