SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Installing the EQ5 Goto Upgrade kit

weareborg

Morning all. Well wot can i say. My package arrived this morning at 8.30. I'm impressed to say the least :laughing3: :laughing3: . So i quickly openedthe box to have a peak inside to see wots wot, and low and behold, there are no instructions to tell you how to actually fit the motors. There are instructions on setting up the motor controller,and plugging in the cables, plus the Synscan manual but that's it.

So, to cut a long story short. How does this thing fit onto my EQ5 mount. I have small cogs and things to fit. There is even a little tube with a small bag inside that looks like grease. Wot the hell that is 4, I'd hate to wonder.

So come on guys and dolls. Do wot you all do best, and point me in the right direction. :D :D

Andy

Thanks for that Ant. I pretty much figured that 1. Any ideas on how the motors and little cogs are attached? I cant believe that there no detailed manual out there. I been looking and looking, and yours seems like the closest thing i can find. Pity i not got the HEQ5 mount. Life would of been soooo much simpler. :?

Andy

Right well i attempting to install these motors as if it were the EQ5 dual motor drive kit. I am assuming that it pretty much the same. Well i hope it is.

I have taken the quick pic with my phone. Can you tell me if it looks OK to you guys? I have added the grease to the cog that i have to fit myself. Will this adequate?

Andy

6431_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived