Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A couple of DSOs with the IDAS LPS-V4

No, not nebulae though... :)

Friday night / Saturday morning and The Moon was doing its thing washing pretty much everything out that was faint.  I imaged M108 and M109  with my SW LP filter but onyl really got the core and nowt interesting...  Once M101 had risen enough I put into my plan to get some data on this with my LPS-V4 narrow-band filter to later combine with normal data that I can hopefully obtain when the Moon is no present!  So I managed 17 subs of 5 minutes of this and stacked with the darks etc, so far it's looking reasonably promising and perhaps another night or two of the same while the Moon is out will yield a decent result...

post-38405-0-48393000-1448885685_thumb.j

Once I'd finished, my mount light was flickering indicating low power... determined to get something out of the remaining juice I slewed to M3 and started taking 30 second exposures.  Quite surprised I managed to get 30!  I should have exposed longer though as it didn't quite clear enough from the left of the histogram so ended up with read noise.  An interesting result with the LPS-V4 filter in place! :)

post-38405-0-37380100-1448885701_thumb.j

Archived