SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Maxim dl

brrttpaul

I have been playing with Maxim going through the tutorials etc and on the exposure I notice it says " click on auto this will bring up a new window", I have done this several times but no window appears and if I click start the exposure seems to be set at 60secs and I cant see where I change it, in single or continuos I dont have a problem with it but cant get that window up when I click autosave. Any Ideas? I currently only have the camera connected to it  on a normal tripod not a mount

yes thats it i cant get that up for some reason, I got the one on the left and following the instructions it says click on autosave and a new window will appear ( the one you have on the right)  but for some reason it dont come up with me, im using a starlight express sxv-h9 osc

Guys I feel so stupid I ticked the autosave circle and it says a window will appear it dont tell you you have to press autosave for that to happen though lol, i just ticked the circle thinking it would appear, thanks for your help  and patience

You solve one thing and then something else pops up, Ok I am all connected the mount is on my synscan, the camera is set up in Maxim everything is good (ish) I have taken some photos and saved them as a TIFF, I go to my folder and plug in my memory card, I then click on one of the subs to send to my SDHD card and  "the disk is write protected change settings to allow it" ARRRRGHHHH. i have tried right clicking a sub and going to properties but from there im lost. I have to save to a card because my PS is on my main desktop, only other option would be to connect the laptop to desktop somehow (is that network sharing?)

Another of those Windows messages that are designed to confuse, I've had this with CDs and SDHC cards, have you tried using a USB stick which is what I do for smallish amounts or an external USB disc, in fact when doing Solar I capture directly to the USB drive.

Simplest way without getting into more M'Soft fun setting up your home network

Dave

Home network!!!! 2 hrs we have been trying to do that this morning lol, tick everything go through all the procedures then right at the end wham, I have now got to the point where I can see the folders and pictures but cant open them because of??? um networking password i think (not sharing password), it really has cooked my brain tbh it seems to be getting harder instead of simpler. I was thinking of saving to a usb stick tbh. it gets so frustrating sometimes why all the obstacles rant over

OK , here,s what I have done so far. I have set the scope/cam together on a normal tripod (I know my synscan works on my mount ) , anyway i pointed it at some trees  took a 2 sec sub convert to colour and saved as a TIFF (saved to usb stick) then i went to PS on my main comp and it loaded ok , played around a little then saved as tiff again and opened in lightroom. That is all I want to do at this stage, the only real problem i had was the focus as i took one sub then turned the focuser repeat untill i was nearly there, ( im guessing it will be easier on a star).  Anyway I finally managed a recognisable (just about) photo. Just so frustrating being under this cloud for weeks now. its something so its progress lol

post-25141-0-69719800-1448902387_thumb.j

Archived