Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Evostar 90(EQ2) advice please

Hi all, newbie here.

As stated , i am a beginner in the astronomy world, although i have always had a fascination with the stars and planets . I've spent a couple of weeks deliberating and reading up over which scope to get (didn't realize there were so many!) 

Well, taking into account finances available to spend and practicality,  i've decided on a refractor, to be specific, a Sky-watcher Evostar 90 (EQ2), i would really appreciate any feedback and thoughts from people who have owned or used this particular model, i'm under the impression it's an adequate scope for a beginner who has never owned one before.

Look forward to reading any feedback.  Many thanks .

My one worry about this set up would be the mount. TheEQ2 is not the steadiest of mounts and is liable to suffer from vibration when focusing etc. it is possible to dampen this to some extent by suspending some weight from the tripod, but it will still shake a bit.

Archived