Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tasco 80mm frac with webcam

Aussie Dave

A couple of hours tonight with the Logitech C100 webcam and the Tasco 17TR 80mm refractor. The first 2 images are 6 stax each in Registax and the last a single shot, all finished off in Paint.

I wasn't going to do any imaging tonight but I had a delivery of a Hybrid mirror diagonal today, so I just had to test it. So now I can use all my 1.25" EP's in the old Tasco. I spent half the time tonight imaging and the other visual. It was a good night even with the light smear of cloud and a slightest hint of smoke still in the air.

post-40030-0-40041000-1448650220.png

post-40030-0-06820000-1448650309.png

post-40030-0-77092000-1448650372.png

nice set Dave, ive still got my old tasco from years ago in the loft,ill have to dig it out. thanks for sharing charl.

I'd dig it out Charl to see if it performs.

With mine now being able to use 1.25" EP's the viewing is actually very good for lunar. I was going to sell it on but I don't think I will. The only weak link is the webcam atm, can't use the DSLR, it's too weighty for it.

Nice job, especially the second one.

I had to chuckle seeing you complain about a slight smear of cloud, I'm sitting here listening to the wind and the rain lashing down  :mad:

All the best.

We don't realise how many good nights we actually get especially for imaging until we take up the hobby, they are few and far between even for us all the way down here on the other side of the rock.

I hope it clears up for you soon Alan.

Archived