SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Only 89 Frames of the Huge Prominence - Still Wow - Nov 27th

ArmyAirForce

Huge prominence from this morning. Its length is about 1/4 to 1/5th the diameter of the Sun. Due to the amount of clouds, there wasn't time for a proper set up, so I just balanced the solar scope on the window sill and managed to shoot 111 frames. 80% were stacked for this image.

Lunt LS50THa and ASI120MM

post-20257-0-35508100-1448630807.jpg

Fabulous, thank you for posting that.  I'm having to watch it all develop on GONG as I'm minding a friends shop today so it was especially nice to see your image.  I love your improvisation of using the window sill as  a tripod - I bet you were holding onto it tightly :smiley:

The dovetail was resting on the plastic window frame, and the wooden sill behind, so there wasn't any chance of it falling out; however, finding the Sun, getting focus, setting the pressure tuner and lining up on the prom was quite a rush before the clouds came!

Archived