Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2" Eyepiece Adaptor for Skywatcher Explorer 130p AZ GOTO

I've got a Skywatcher 130P AZ GOTO that has the larger diameter R&P focuser. The marketing blurb states that it has a 2" focuser with a 1.25" adaptor.

However, the draw tube of the focuser is of a slightly larger diameter than the 2" crayford on my 8" dobsonian and the 2" adaptor that fits the dob is too small and actually fits inside the draw tube of the focuser on the 130p.

I've had a good google around and can't find anything much.

Does anyone out there with this OTA use a 2" eyepiece or a self centering adaptor with it.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks BritAngler, I do too on the 200p, but I'm looking for a 2" adaptor for the 130p.

I've spoken to FLO and it doesn't appear that a 2" adaptor is currently available for the 130p AZ GOTO even though the marketing blurb for the scope states that its a 2" focuser.  

The focuser is actually larger than 2" and needs an adaptor, which apparently doesn't exist. 

There is something very wrong if it is advertised as having a 2" focuser and you can't use a 2" EP in it.

I guess you could make something up but you really shouldn't have to.

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The scope looks to have a focuser similar to the older type of Skywatcher 2" rack and pinion focuser. Those needed one of the 2" adapters that had a flared bottom end, like this:

post-118-0-80073300-1448834316.jpg

Apologies if you have already tried one of these.

Thanks John,

That is exactly what I'm looking for, where did you find it?

The focuser on the scope I have is a 2" Rack & Pinion focuser.

The standard 2" adaptor that ships with the Skyliner 200p does not flare out enough at the base, but I've not been able to track down an adaptor that does flare out at the base.

Do you know where you can get one of the older 2" adaptors from?

Thanks, Ade

Archived