Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The street lights are turned off at night now

In its continual search for money savings the council now turns the street lights off at night, just need a clear sky now, one week and still waiting..

In exeter? I'm only 40 miles away from there... Wonder if my skies will improve slightly as a result. What time they turn off or do they never go on?

Who knows, maybe plymouth will follow suit! (Wishful thinking)

I wish they would turn ours off. Those led jobbies... it's like Blackpool illuminations here...

Same here - I have four visible from my back garden :(

They dim at about midnight but still very bright. I hide myself and the rig behind a wall. Limits what I can observe of course. Am considering a tall windbreaker! Or a move to Exeter...

Mine has been going off for some time (years), except 3 nights back the one opposite decided to stay on all night. :eek:

I had a terrible idea that someone had decided to leave one running and  that it was to be the one that was the most inconvenient to me. :mad:

It did however rejoin the rest and went off at midnight the following night and has done so since. :confused:

One other good thing of mine is that midnight seems to vary, presently the midnight switch off is about 11:45. :grin:

Archived