SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

black friday things to get?

keiwein1

so i have a nikon DSLR camera and i want to do some astrophtography using an 8 inch schidt cassegrain. i am completly clueless right now and i need some general items to get me started. any tips on what to get? (or anything in general to help me) thx!

Hello and welcome.  I sent you a message with some suggestions.  My first year I took pictures of the moon.  I had a lot of fun and got some nice Lunar pics and also learned a lot about the moon.

Getting into AP?  Take baby steps.  Start with the moon and you don't need much equipment.  As you learn more, the you can decide what else you want to buy.

For Lunar AP you will need camera adapters to connect your camera to the telescope.  You should get aa shutter release (they are cheap - about $15.)  That's it.  That's all you need right now to take pictures of the moon.   I gave you a link  for the adapters in the message I sent to you.

Tim

Archived