SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sol 25-11-2015 FD ha without flats

Ibbo!

I've taken to using Firecapture's feature to subtract a flat before capture. It seems to work quite well. I use a translucent plastic bag attached to a plywood hoop with double sided tape. I point at the focussed scope at the sun, fit the plastic bag flats cover, and check the flats box in Firecapture. It then takes several frames and averages out a flat. The cover comes off and I'm ready to image. I only need a new flat if I change the capture area.

post-20257-0-95625300-1448480260_thumb.j

I've taken to using Firecapture's feature to subtract a flat before capture. It seems to work quite well. I use a translucent plastic bag attached to a plywood hoop with double sided tape. I point at the focussed scope at the sun, fit the plastic bag flats cover, and check the flats box in Firecapture. It then takes several frames and averages out a flat. The cover comes off and I'm ready to image. I only need a new flat if I change the capture area.

attachicon.gifsolar_flat1.jpg

I will give that a try next time out-thanks for the tip

Absolutely beautiful, masterpieces :) :) :)

I wish I had a posh bag holder like armyairforce though, very envious! you should see me chasing my bag round the garden three times before taking any flat ;)

Alexandra

We need the video :grin: :grin:

same here and she rations me to one/month

Archived