Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Noob from north Wales

Jay SkyWatcher

Hi Everyone,

Went on a cruise earlier this year and attended the lectures by Mark Thompson which re-ignited an interest in the stars.  On our return home I did a bit of research and ordered a SW 114/500 to get me started in addition to the 12 x 50 binos I already had.

Recently joined Shropshire Astro Society so hoping to learn a lot (boy is there a lot to learn). Went to their dark sky site last Saturday but conditions weren't good so Stan & I called it a night which was a good call as the heavens opened as I was driving home!

Looking forward to joining the chat on hereand to learning a lot as soon as it stops raining anth skies clear!!!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jay, and a warm welcome from sunny SouthWales where the sun always shines and there's never a cloud in the sky.

I would imagine you would have access to some nice dark skies. Lets hope the weather improves so you can get going on that learning curve.

Keep in touch and ask anything, however basic. We all had to start somewhere.

Regards

Jason

Welcome to the SGL.

If/when its raining, you can always sit inside, in the warmth, and marvel at the wonders provided by the freeware program called Stellarium. A dedicated Planetarium that can be setup and tweaked to your own location. The team who produces Stellarium have done a wonderfull job.

Time permitting, I may even look into visiting the local astro club, next time I visit Oswestry. Meet a few faces behind the names?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived