Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gamepad Controller for EQMOD...Wired or Wireless?

EMFLOCATER

Hi Folks. I see many use the Logitech Rumble Pad 2 controller, but exactly which one? Model number please? Wired or Wireless. I have always believed wired is better (no worry by me stepping, tripping or tangling the cord), but would like some input. I just want a simple game pad controller that EQMOD works user friendly with, tried and true...no need here to re-invent the wheel so to speak. Last thing what does the "Vibration" do as far as when using EQMOD...I understand the vibration deal when playing video games but some game-pads have vibration and wondered if it affects EQMOD in any way?

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving

Don

I had the wireless version and it was a real pain in the behind. It seemed to have a lag, so the mount was always behind the control. The mount also often just did not respond until too late or not at all. Not safe to use when expensive gear fitted.

Wired versions seem fine.

Derek

Yes, despite recommendation, I wasn't overly impressed with my Wireless Rumble Pad 2? 

I never quite work out why... Perhaps it was too keen to enter power-saving sleep mode? 

The batteries never seemed to last more than a couple of (UK rain permitted) sessions. :o

I speculate that mechanical vibration would be the single most current draining feature? :p 

I use an Xbox 360 wireless and it worked straight from the box.  I did have a rumblepad but it was a pain as you had to recalibrate it every time you used it (or when it went to sleep!).  Wireless is good as you can then wander around your scope without having to worry about anything trailing or tangling.  I always remove the batteries from mine when not in use as there is no "off" switch.  The vibration is pointless for Astro use - it just wastes the battery.

I use the Logitech F710 gamepad. There were sometimes issues with not being certain that (in the dark) I had pressed the correct button so now I use the EQMOD sound files to confirm that the laptop has picked up the latest button press command.

Archived